Wednesday, September 2, 2009

THE NATIONAL PARKS: My Parks

This is a promo for Ken Burns' series on the National Parks airing on PBS Sept 27. Since I visit a lot of parks I thought I'd give it a go. 42 PARKS AND COUNTING!!! I think I like our national parks! I'll keep this updated as I visit other parks.

The dates visited is when I first went to that park. However, several of the parks I have visited numerous times, like Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, and my second home, Grand Canyon. I worked on the south rim summer of 1989 and then again 1991-1995.

In 1995, just before I moved to Aurora, CO to the corporate office, I took a 10 day car trip, packed with tent, sleeping bag, two coolers, gas container, and all the money I had. In the passenger seat rode my faithful stuffed red welsh dragon, Big Red. We traveled all over Arizona and Utah, visiting 14 parks along the way. It was a trip of a lifetime. In today's economy with the gas prices they are, I could not do this trip on a $300 budget ever again. But I'm already dreaming and planning my next big adventure, wherever it takes me....

No comments:

Post a Comment